Sunday 23 March 2014

Lent

So we are now 2 weeks and 5 days into lent and I have successfully given up fizzy drinks for that many days. I started doing this to try to help me with my diet I’ve heard if you can do without something for 40 day it’s easier to give it up or have less in the long run. I think fizzy drinks, especially coca-cola, is something I have needed to cut out of my diet for along time now and although its hard because I used to drink them a lot its going well so far.

I also wanted to drink more healthier drinks as this is something I am not very good at. Instead of pop I’ve been drinking more flavoured water, juice and smoothes. I can’t say I have not been tempted but all in all I’m staying strong. One of my other friends has given up alcohol which wasn’t easy the other night on St Patrick’s Day but he’s doing really well too and my friend and one of her work mates have given up chocolate together, thats what I call team work.


Recently I watched a funny episode of Father Ted about Lent called ‘Cigarettes and Alcohol and Rollerblading’ which I thought was quite fitting and want to share this with you now. In this episode the three main characters each give up something they are very much addicted to. Father Ted gives up smoking cigarettes, Father Jack gives up the booze (well more like Father Ted hides it) and Father Dougle (my favourate character who is a little ditsy) gives up rollerblading. They don't last a night without all sneaking out to the shed to secretly releave their craving but of course catching each other in the act. Ted decides he needs to take action and so he calls for the help of a strict nun to help them keep their lent promises. Although they were not expecting her military regime aiming to pull these lads into shape. This episode really made me think, wow I must be doing okay as I have not yet needed to inlist the help of a military nun to make sure I keep to my lent promise.

I also wanted to use this post to let you know that I will have to take a break from blogging whilst I finish the last 7 weeks of my university course. I'm not giving it up for lent but just taking a break and I will continue with this blog in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment